Revitalization


It’s been a week of self-examination. Looking deeply at my photography and my photographic technique.

I’ve gone through folder after folder of digital images, re-thinking nearly every exposure I’ve captured over the past year or so. At the end of a day long self-examination, however, I found myself completely burnt out.
in the spirit of clearing my head, both photographically and otherwise, I tossed on my sneakers, grabbed my trusty 50mm f/1.4 and headed out onto the street.
My goal for my late night adventure was simple enough, click the shutter. Don’t think, don’t analyze, don’t worry, just push the damn button! When something interesting comes along, point the lens in that general direction, find focus, and squeeze off a frame or two.
I can’t tell you how freeing this simple activity can be. It’s such a great feeling to let go of the rules, the restraints and just take pictures for the sake of taking pictures.

Do yourself a favor and give it a shot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment