Weekend Warriors

Those of you who have been following the blog for a while know our friends from Last Ditch Racing well. However, if you’ve been living under rock for the past year and a half check out these two links (Link A, Link B) to read up on Mr. Cassidy and the Last Ditch Crew.

This past weekend marked the culmination of weeks...no, months of planning and preparation. John and I have been trying to set up a portrait session for some time now, however the trick has been finding a day when all parties (including the car) would be available. Well, it appears that this weekend the stars were aligned, because we finally were able to get the entire crew and car together for some quality shutter time.
Our goal for the weekend was to create several ‘unique’ action shots as well as bagging a few quality portraits. To accomplish this goal we secured two locations, two camera men (Kevin shooting video and me on stills), about 6 crew members, and one high octane racing machine.
The first location, a working gravel pit, was the perfect spot to nail not only some truly unique action sequences. As it turned out, the piles of dirt and numerous pieces of heavy machinery lying around also served as a great background for some portraits as well.
The second location, a local industrial yard, didn’t disappoint. The car and it’s rugged operators fit perfectly against the background of towering steel structures.
All in all, I think we nailed this one. Bravo boys on all your hard work!

3 comments:

Sam said...

Great Photos! I think I recongnize both places that you were shooting, I live in the Bangor area. They have a sick car, and I would love to shoot a race sometime. I like your work, it give me new ideas and things I want to try, I can't wait to see more!

John Cassidy said...

Trust me, it takes Mark a long time in post-production to make us look sexy! Not so much time on the car. ;-) Awesome shots Mark! :-)

Kevin said...

Amazing shots.

Post a Comment