Busy, busy, busy

It’s been a crazy few weeks here in Maine. Assignment work has taken me all over the state, from a classy new club in Portland to a very muddy fiddle festival in East Benton, Maine. Each location brings a new set of challenges, a new set of characters, and of course a new set of images to process.
Needless to say, I’ve been pretty busy pushing that magical little button. However, I did promise to keep everyone here updated, so I figured while I was waiting for the local fish market to open this morning (part of another assignment) I would bring you all up to speed.

First of all, I’ve been focusing a lot more lately on keeping my G10 with me at all times. Not surprisingly, that little habit has lead to some pretty interesting shots. All the shots featured on today’s post are ‘found’ items that I took while traveling around with the G10. Proof, once again, that having a camera with you at all times is a very important piece of the creative puzzle.

The main goal of my traveling G10 is to focus more on the small things, the little moments in life, the bits and pieces that make the best pictures. These shots were all found either inside my very apartment, wandering the streets of Portland, and even a few from Elizabeth’s new apartment in Boston. You never know when you’ll come upon a picture. They may not all work out, but one thing is for sure, if you don’t have a camera, you’ll miss the opportunity all together.

As far as assignment work goes, the next images to appear here will be from my trip to the East Benton Fiddle Fest with Liz and Dad. Trust me, we found some pretty interesting characters roaming around in the mud, so keep those CSS readers updated, it’s going to be a good one!

Now, it’s off to the fish market to pick up today’s catch!

2 comments:

Stephen said...

I love my G10 and also carry it as often as possible but it's just a touch too big to be a great pocket camera.

John said...

Very cool to see you getting so much use of your G10. I have the G9 and love it. It goes with me when I travel and don't want to lug the D300. Good luck in China.

Post a Comment