Truth or Dare

Maine Truck Driver Competition - Dysarts Truck Stop - Bangor, ME

Alright, well it’s become blatantly obvious that this whole idea of posting everyday is tantamount to insanity. Especially given that I have moved on from the simple image with associated blurb. That stuff was easy, though of course I didn’t think that at the time.

Now, I find myself in a nearly constant search. Beyond what to post on this damn blog of course. Instead, searching for the pathway to a successful career in photography. It’s not an easy endeavor.

The thing is, I have for sometime thought that this blog should be dedicated to my professional pursuits (read: successes) and that all things motivated by my personal beliefs and feelings should be dulled down or totally left out. Well, it’s time to freshen things up a little. Make a statement as it were.

The statement to be made was brought to my attention through the ever poignant expression of my good friend, Ryan. When I asked if he thought my blog was getting to personal he simply responded, “It’s your f&*#ing blog. You reserve the right to write whatever you please, it’s everyone else who has to make the decision whether or not it’s worth reading.”

The kid has a point. Two in fact. The first of course being that this is my blog and I’ll cry if I want too. The second, and more interesting if you ask me, is that this thing needs to be worth reading. Now, which is more interesting reading? The occasional successes of a newbie photographer. Or, as I believe, the exciting, confusing, invigorating, and often times frightening journey of a aspiring artist.

Maine Truck Driver Competition - Dysarts Truck Stop - Bangor, ME

So, in the spirit of keeping things fresh, I am going to begin a new regimen of blog writing. The idea is to bring a bit of retrospective thinking to this thing. Show you guys what’s really going on - the good, the bad, and most importantly, the ugly!

I was going to begin tonight, but hell this is already a six paragraph post, I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to really throw some meat on the grill.

0 comments:

Post a Comment