Skate Shoot 1.0



Hey everybody!

Let me take this opportunity to welcome you all once again to the new blog. Very excited to get things started here.

Before we get to far along I do want to clarify a few points.
  • Your input (questions, concerns, and comments) are vital to this blog. I want this to be an open forum. If you have a question regarding lighting, gear, processing, state-of-mind, or even what style jean I prefer by all means ASK!
  • Refer to number one.
Alright, enough formality. Let’s move on to the good stuff!

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a huge proponent of personal work. I always have a self-assignment going, sometimes more than one! It has been an essential part of my business plan. A portfolio full of images that you took on assignment doesn’t portray your creative vision nearly as well as images you’ve created for yourself.

Lately, my sights have been set on expanding my action sports portfolio. That being the case, I’ve found myself spending a lot of time hanging out with skate boarders, snow boarders, BMX riders, rally car drivers, and even the occasional traceur.

This past week, as part of my ongoing effort, I spent a few nights with some skateboarding junkies. We roamed the streets of Portland, night after night, searching out the best spots to set-up and shoot. The amazing part, was that after setting up in numerous locations around the city with three riders and more strobe lights than a 1980’s dance party, we somehow managed to avoid even a chance encounter with Portland’s finest.

Add ImageI hope you enjoy the shots as well as the quick behind the scenes video. The video was shot entirely on my Canon G10. Pretty crazy that a ‘point-&-shoot’ camera can capture such quality video in such poor lighting conditions.

To check out some much higher quality videos make sure you stop by the multimedia section of THE SITE!

1 comments:

Justin Van Leeuwen said...

awwwww, now I WANT Pelican cases - I think I NEEEEED them to keep my son from eating my camera... that's it!

Post a Comment